- Quality Control
(Licensed Chemist) Technical and Production Operator
- Supervise external contractors with regards to bitumen product blending, packaging operations and monitor their compliance with Shell’s standard operating procedure.
- Safe operation of bitumen production/drumming equipment, i.e. electric heaters, pumps, blending tanks, filling machines and other equipment related to production.
- Delta V operation for production/blending of bitumen products.
- Documentation requirements in GSAP for production of bitumen products.
- Ensure HSSE and all Business controls set by the company are in place.
- Responsible for GSAP PR/PO creation
- Perform other functions as assigned by his/her line Manager.
- Responsible for Quality Control of the following Bitumen Products to ensure complicance to the required specifications:
- Emulsion and Cutback
- Oil products/ raw materials used in cut-back/emulsion production
- Bitumen specialty products (eg. C170, etc.)
- Prepares Certificate of Quality of Bitumen Products
- Assist in the re-formulation of presently existing products to optimize product properties
- Tests for additional bitumen products specification required by customer
- For off-specification products:
- Provide support on Corrective Action (up-treating, re-blending, working off, etc.) to optimize cost to Shell Bitumen while ensuring that released products fall within approved product specifications.
- Conducts internal validation and calibration of laboratory equipment to ensure only accurate outputs are generated during testing.
- Responsible for the retention and disposal of laboratory chemicals, reagents and retained samples.
- Bitumen Quality Manual Custodian