- Change Management
- Inventory Management
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Performance Metrics
- Shell Script
- Technical Support
- User Acceptance Testing
Systems Administrator - Cebu
Location: PH-Quezon City-PHQC-Manulife Building, UP North Science & Technology Park, Commonwealth Avenue
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The responsibilities of this position include, providing technical services for server and infrastructure areas of the Global Solution Division. The candidate is expected to participate as a technical resource in the implementation and planning of projects that affect all areas of the division. Responsibilities often require little / no supervision, to administer codes and other business processes related to Global Solution Division. The candidate is required to have strong knowledge of Investments Tier4 apps.
This role will require knowledge in Oracle and RHEL and support multiple systems for Manulife. Scripts and programs will not be limited to, but may include; logging, error codes, validation and testing.
- Platform Support. Administer and support server based platforms managed by the GSD Applications and Systems team. Provide problem analysis, investigation and resolution for software and hardware issues as related to the platforms we support
- Server Management. Install, analyze, configure, manage and maintain multiple applications on Development and Pre-Production servers while providing technical support. Administer codes and scripts into Development, Pre-Production and subsequently Production server environments. Monitor patches via change process. Monitor disk and memory spaces plus CPU usage. Administer file system access.
- Network / Infrastructure Management. Assist in coordination of maintenance windows and activities for setup, break/fix and enhancements. Provide feedback for LAN / WAN issues and participate in planned upgrades, enhancements and migrations of shared infrastructure systems.
- Problem / Incident / Change management. Analyze planned changes for impact and provide approvals. Respond to incidents expediting measures and activities to address them. Work with vendors and support business teams to analyze root causes and modify current processes to improve overall system efficiencies, review and approve planned & emergency change activities. Create tickets to support incident resolution tasks. Represent change at divisional meetings. Integrate vendor activities through effective coordination into change / problem process
- Production Support and Implementation. Observe appropriate procedural activities in moving codes and scripts into production environments. Work with business units to identify issues affecting successful implementation and work out solutions. Manage volume of requests according to maintenance window and resource availability under severe time constraints. Perform various tasks such as software certifications, create requests for additional SAN space and maintaining managed resources inventory lists and documentation.
- Project Participant. Meet with project teams on all phases of projects to provide skills, knowledge and resources to support projects requirements, typically as an implementer. Advice on feasibility of timelines as related to technical aspects of projects. Integrate steady state processes with project tasks, including, product certification, User Acceptance Testing and production implementation. Provides functional participation for technical initiatives of moderate complexity
- LINUX/UNIX Administration. Troubleshoot issues with Oracle Data Appliance and RHEL base Linux/Unix appliances and manage Maximis and similar applications. Will be responsible for maintaining enterprise wide Linux/Unix servers in an Oracle and Red Hat Environment. Write scripts to manage and monitor the application and environment on the Linux/Unix servers.
Minimum Skills Requirement to Hire:
- Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Knowledgeable in Software Application Installation, upgrade, patching and configuration.
- Windows Application Troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable in Linux/Unix commands and background in SAMBA sharing
- Oracle Linux or other Linux administrative knowledge
- Knowledge of Oracle Data Appliance is a plus
- Must pass current job expectations and meet performance metrics.
- Must not have any attendance issues and have not received any disciplinary action.
- Nice to have experience with DoubleTake Replication
- At least 3 years’ tenure as regular System / Application Administrator.
- Must pass current job expectations and meet performance metrics.
- Computer Science / Information Technology diploma / degree or other relevant post-secondary education preferred.
- Excellent comprehension, analytical and decision making skills
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- 2 - 3 years IT operation with strong understanding of Windows Server, UNIX and Other Operating Systems.
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and ETL.
- Experience maintaining Windows 2003/2008R2/2012/2016 Enterprise Server.
- Experience in using SQL Server, Oracle and DB2 is a plus.
- Experience in administering RHEL Operating system
- Familiar in any of the following DOS, Powershell and UNIX Shell script program.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- ITLv3 Foundation Certification process is a plus.
- Microsoft Certification (MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE) is a plus.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
|Education Level||Higher Diploma / Associate Degree|